Options You Can Trust
Fortiva™ Porcine Dermis
Fortiva™ porcine dermis is a non-crosslinked acellular porcine dermal matrix offering a safe and natural biologic option. Fortiva implants are processed through the Tutoplast® Tissue Sterilization Process and terminally sterilized via validated low temperature, low dose gamma irradiation to achieve a sterility assurance level (SAL) of 10-6. Fortiva porcine dermis is a ready-to-use biologic implant that acts as a scaffold allowing for neovascularization and permitting replacement of the implant with the patient’s tissue.
Features & Benefits
- Sterilized to SAL 10-6 via LOW temperature, LOW dose gamma irradiation
- Multi-step preservation and sterilization process validated by tissue type (SAL10-6)
- Removes antigenicity and inactivates pathogens
- Maintains structure, biomechanics and remodeling characteristics
- 98% alpha-gal removal1
- At least 11 log reduction of viruses highly resistant to processing2
- Ready to use: From package to patient, requires no rinsing or rehydration
- Consistent thickness for uniform repair
- Wide range of sizes including 35x35 cm
- Temperature indicator for quick indication of proper storage
- Rounded corners for ease of suturing
¹Data on file at RTI Biologics, Inc.
²Data on file at RTI Biologics, Inc.
Tutoplast® Tissue Sterilization Process